Popular alternate healing techniques are always in the news other than their many benefits – the comparison with mainstream or conventional fields of medicine.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one such area. Nowadays, it is not unusual for people to search online for
To understand the current status of TCM alongside modern medicine, it is important to first understand what it entails.
TCM includes many healing techniques such as acupuncture, acupressure, herbal medicine, cupping, massage therapy, and more.
TCM is all about bringing the body back into balance by rectifying the flow of life force (qi) in the body. It can be done through fine needles (acupuncture), stimulating pressure points without needles (acupressure), or with herbs (herbal medicine). Other techniques such as cupping, herbal thermotherapy or moxibustion (burning herbs near skin), and massages also help to balance the energy in the body.
TCM originated thousands of years ago in China. But it is still relevant to treat countless diseases and ailments effectively.
TCM versus Modern Medicine
Comparing TCM with modern medicine is doing it an injustice. Both TCM and conventional medicine have their unique healing benefits. But these two fields operate on different healing principals.
TCM offers treatment by balancing the energy flow in the body. Modern medicine is about drugs and surgeries. When you wish to explore TCM, it is not about choosing one over the other. It is about selecting the healing technique that works best for you.
One current approach is to use TCM to complement modern medicine.
TCM is an alternative treatment modality that has found its place alongside modern medicine. It is not only a wholesome and comprehensive treatment on its own; it can also lend a helping hand to many different conventional treatments.
Some examples –
- Acupuncture is now often used to increase the success rates of IVF treatments. You can use acupuncture as a standalone treatment to help you conceive naturally or to treat any fertility problems. But you can also use it with other traditional fertility treatments without any problems or side effects. There are herbs that can also increase a woman’s chances of getting pregnant by providing healing support to her reproductive organs.
- Acupuncture is extremely effective for pain relief and can help people rely less on medicines to reduce their discomfort. Cupping can heal tired muscles and help people relax without resorting to pills whenever they are faced with fatigue.
- Acupuncture is often used as a complimentary treatment for cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy. Regular acupuncture treatment can alleviate the side effects of radiation to help provide comfort to patients.
- Acupuncture is helpful in reducing the side effects of diabetes such as non-healing sores/wounds. You can use it alongside your conventional diabetes treatment without any problems.
- TCM can be used to enhance your weight loss efforts by stimulating your hormones, reducing depression, treating eating disorders, and strengthening the digestive system. You can use acupuncture and herbs alongside your conventional obesity treatment or psychotherapy sessions (for depression, emotional disorders causing weight gain).
To understand the full benefits of TCM for your health, it is best to consult with a qualified and experienced practitioner. TCM treatments are designed for each person after evaluating their medical history, health, and unique needs.
You can utilize the benefits of acupuncture if you are less keen on using medicines for pain relief hormonal imbalance, depression, weight loss, fertility problems, or more. There are no side effects of acupuncture treatments. Even the pain from needles is non-existent or minimal when your acupuncturist is highly-qualified or experienced.
You can seek acupuncture treatments for stress management and for treating conditions related to the heart, skin, respiratory organs, eyes, hormones, the mind, and so much more.
People now have an appreciation for alternate treatments. TCM doesn’t need to compete with modern medicine. It has its own place in the field of healing and rightly so. It has not survived for millennia without being effective as a healing technique.
- Acupuncture – What It Is, and What Are its Benefits? Acupuncture treatment has gained mass appeal throughout the globe, albeit it is just an alternative...
- Learn How Acupuncture Helps Weight Loss Acupuncture is a natural healing technique developed in China thousands of years ago. It is...
- Consulting an Ophthalmologist about Vision Problems As per studies of American Academy of Ophthalmology, approximately 26 million Americans over 40’s are...
- Role of Alternative Medicine to Maintain Natural Health Alternative medicine referred to as medical healing without using conventional medicine. This includes yoga, nutritional...