In simple words, dental implant in Springfield, VA is the procedure of replacing missing and damaged teeth with the artificial teeth that are similar in appearance and functioning like the real teeth. It is one of the best solutions to address these problems. The procedure and the benefits of the dental implant have been briefly discussed below:
The procedure of dental implants
The procedure of the dental implant may take a few months to many months to complete the whole process. Depending on the condition of the jawbone and the type of implant required, the implant is done in different stages.
• Bone grafting: The chewing action while eating exerts pressure on the roots and hence if the jawbone is too soft or is not thick enough, then bone grafting is done before the implant. A piece of bone is removed from another part of the body for example hip and transplanted into the jaw. Sometimes an artificial bone is placed in the area. Bone grafting helps in the strong implant of titanium roots.
• Placement of the implant: Once the bone grafting is done, where it is required, a titanium implant is drilled into the bone to make the root of the artificial teeth. It is the most important stage of the whole procedure.
• Osseointegration: After the titanium roots are drilled into the bone, the process of osseointegration begins where the jawbone grows and combines with the surface of the titanium roots. The bone growth takes years to grow, and during that time, dentures are placed to cover spaces created by the missing teeth.
• Abutment: When the bone completely grows around the roots, the abutment is attached to the root, which is the piece where the crown will be attached to complete the whole procedure of dental implant in Springfield, VA. The gum is then closed around the root to provide firm and strong grip of the implants.
• Placement of artificial teeth: Gums are again left to heal after placing the abutment, and the impression of the mouth is taken to prepare the set of artificial teeth resembling the real teeth. Once the gums are completely healed, and artificial teeth are prepared, attaching the crown with the abutment is the final step of the dental implant procedure.
Benefits of dental implants
Though there are some other methods and techniques that are used for missing and damaged teeth but some of the benefits of dental implant make it the popular procedure. The benefits have been discussed as follows:
• Dental implant in Springfield, VA prevents the bone loss because the root of the implant gives the same stimulation to the jawbone which it receives from the real teeth. In case of missing teeth, the dental implant also supports the adjacent teeth preventing them from falling.
• Artificial teeth do not decay with time like the natural teeth and hence providing the permanent solution to the dental issue of missing teeth.
• Dental implant serves as the roots of the missing teeth, and since the implants are surgically fixed into the bone, they neither slip nor make noise.
• The dental implant matches the real teeth of the person and hence do not cause any difference to the appearance and the smile of the person.
• With complete support to the jawbone, the shape of the face does not change either.
• The dental implant puts the same pressure while easting thus restores the natural tooth bite and there is no difference in eating after the implant.
• Unlike dentures, the dental implant does not affect the speech either. It even brings back the clear pronunciation which is lost because of missing teeth.
• Artificial teeth are cavity-proof. Bacteria cannot do any harm to the artificial teeth and the titanium roots.
• Sometimes dentures do not fit well or keep slipping which is not the problem with dental implants.
• It is very easy to care for dental implants as no special products are required for cleaning. The regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing can keep them clean.
- Things You Should Look for in the Best Dentist It is important to visit the dentist for regular checkups to keep good oral health....
- The Importance of Dental Care to Overall Body Health Dental care in Springfield is not only important for oral hygiene, but it also helps...
- Four Reasons to Choose a Pediatric Dentist Pediatric dentists are specialists who receive additional training to treat the oral health of infants,...
- What Services Does an Emergency Dentist Provide? When you deal with a severe dental issue in the middle of the night or...