As per studies of American Academy of Ophthalmology, approximately 26 million Americans over 40’s are reported to have cataracts and other age-related eye problems while it further estimates this number is likely to hit 40 million by 2020. Another survey convened by American Optometric Association shows that around 22% of preschool children and 24% adolescents having correctable vision errors including nearsightedness and farsightedness do not have updated prescribed spectacles, which can help them correcting their eyesight.
Considering the ever-increasing number of people with low vision, blindness, or age-related eye disorders like cataract, diabetic retinopathy, macular de-generation or glaucoma and also, corrective vision issues among children, people are required to be serious to obtain consultancy of ophthalmologist in Colorado Springs and cataract Surgery in Colorado Springs, CO. While kids cannot effectively express the issue related to their incorrect eyesight that adversely affect their academic performance, AAO experts recommend parents as well as teaching staff to have a special attention on this issue.
Whether to Meet an Ophthalmologist or Optometrists
If you’re one of those who commonly make mistake in differentiating an ophthalmologist and optometrist, the two distinct eye care professionals, then please understand that
Services Offered by Ophthalmologists
Backed by medical school background, 3-4 years residency practices and fellowship, ophthalmologists are considered as total eye care physicians. The services you can expect from ophthalmologist in Colorado Springs and cataract surgery in Colorado Springs, CO include methodical eye health screening, evaluation, diagnose and management of eye disorders and conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, trauma, droopy eyelids, crossed eyes and eyesight disorders caused by diabetes. There specialty areas involve analysis of visual pathways of the core areas of eyes and their functioning with brain. They are licensed to offer eye victims with necessary surgical sessions including plastic surgery and eye care management.
Services Offered by Optometrists
On the contrary, optometrists are required to complete 4 years professional courses that help them become doctor of optometry (OD) degree. Their area of practices mainly focused on vision care, eye exam and prescribing eyeglasses or contacts. They are not approved to take care of your cataract surgery, which should be noted carefully. When it comes to evaluation and treatment like farsightedness, nearsightedness, astigmatism, they are the right professionals to contact. They can check and prescribe you fitting eyeglasses or suggest on contact lenses.
When to Consult Ophthalmologist
• Since almost all eye diseases occur in people over their 40’s, you are always at higher risk especially if anyone of your family members suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes or related eye diseases. Never overlook the necessity of having your health checked by general physician while have consultancy of an ophthalmologist to ensure your eye-health condition.
• Even though you take necessary medicines being a victim of diabetes and high blood pressure, obviously meet your ophthalmologist who can offer you great advices to avoid potential eye problems. Untreated and disorderly diabetes or hypertension is a leading cause of diabetic retinopathy, eye stroke, and macular degeneration.
• Do you feel that your eyesight has started troublemaking in your daily activities, occupational work or in course of driving the car at night? If yes, how meager the issue is, do not delay to consult your eye doctor immediately. To name a few of these trouble signals include hazy vision, double vision, difficulty seeing, night blindness, nearsightedness or farsightedness.
• If you experience symptoms such as frequent flashes of lighting, eye swelling, floaters, eye sore or red eyes, get in touch with ophthalmologist in Colorado Springs, immediately for necessary treatment.
In the consultancy session, Ophthalmologists evaluate the condition of your eye health through assessment of your medical background, family eye-health history, personal interviewing, and physical checkups. The ophthalmologist in Colorado Springs operate in state-of-the-art procedure rooms and are equipped with varieties of new generation medical devices, apparatus, and tools to conduct the checkup session effectively. They suggest you on wholesome dietary plans and healthy way of living that nourishes your eye health.
- Six Things You May Not Know About American Ginseng The herbaceous Ginseng root is popular for a wide range of therapeutic benefits. Among the...
- Recovering Quickly after Back Surgery Cold therapy speeds up the recovery after orthopedic injuries and surgeries. It can be administered...
- The Advantages of Eyeglasses Eyeglasses have provided a means for humans to see clearly since a long time. Even...
- Cold Therapy Units Make Your Shoulder Recovery Less Painful Recovery after any type of shoulder injury can be painful. It can also take a...