Beauty can today be enhanced through many invasive as well as minimally invasive or non-invasive procedures. These include a semi-permanent cosmetic solution that enhance the aesthetic appeal of your face, skin, hair, and other body parts. One such procedure used to enhance lips is called natural lip filler. Here is more about this lip boosting treatment offered by dermatologist and cosmeticians in NYC.
About natural lip filling treatment
A lip filler treatment gives you well-defined and voluminous lips. A substance called Hyaluronic acid (HA) is injected into the lips to give them a plumper and fuller appearance. HA is naturally produced in the body. When injected into the skin, it breaks down slowly over a couple of months.
The procedure and results
To begin with, a numbing cream is applied over the lips, on to the area which will receive the HA shots. Once mild numbness sets in, a numbing solution is injected into the lips for added safety and minimal discomfort during the procedure. Once the lips are fully numb, the dermatologist or practitioner gently injects the filling substance into the lip using a super fine needle. The filler instantaneously defines, plumps, and adds volume to the lips.
A single lip filling treatment can last anywhere from three to eight months depending on the individual as well as the filler that is injected. To maintain fuller-looking and voluminous lips, it is necessary that you take the injections on a regular basis. In the absence of the same, the lips return to their pre-treatment appearance.
Who benefits from lip filling injections
Whether your lip lacks a natural shape and definition or you are a hardcore follower of trends, a lip filling injection can give you the results you desire. Here are some kinds of lips that can be corrected using natural lip fillers in NYC.
• Wrinkled lips
• Drooping lips
• Thin lips
• Flat upper lip or oversized bottom lip
• Poor lip contour or undefined lip edge
• Uneven and asymmetrical lips
• Smile lift (drooping corners of the mouth)
• Undefined philtrum
• Undefined cupid’s bow
• Lip lines
• Aging lips
In addition to the above, you can also create the perfect ‘pouty lips’ using the keyhole lip injection technique.
Lip filler injection pricing
In NYC, natural lip filler procedures are typically priced per syringe. The more the number of syringes needed to create the perfect pout, the more it costs you. The price of such treatment also depends on the kind of fillers used.
Caring for lips before and after the treatment
For a safe and comfortable experience, and to avoid side effects, it is necessary that you follow certain pre-procedure and post-procedure care tips. Some of these are as follow.
• Never schedule a lip filler injection before an event. Allow a gap of at least ten days before any occasions so that bruising or swelling, if they occur, can subside over time.
• Keep away from anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Advil, and Antihistamine for one week before as well as after the treatment. This helps reduce the risk of bruising.
• After the injection, wait for a couple of hours before eating. This allows the anesthetic to wear off and prevents you from accidentally biting, burning, or bruising your lips.
• Lip injections typically cause swelling for a period of 24 to 48 hours after the treatment. The lips are larger than the final result at this time. To minimize the effect of swelling, apply a cold compress to the lips in a 15-minute interval. Continue this for 24 hours after the procedure.
• To cover up swelling, use a long-lasting, flawless lipstick.
• Do not rub your lips or apply firm pressure for 24 hours following the treatment. Avoid activities that need you to lie face down, such as massages, physiotherapy treatments, etc. Also, do not perform strenuous activities or engage in workouts during the period.
• The first night after the treatment, sleep with your head elevated. This helps reduce the swelling that occurs.
• Thermal trauma can wreak havoc on lips that have been injected with fillers. To avoid trouble, stay away from hot showers, steam rooms, hot tubs, whirlpools, saunas etc. for at least two days post the treatment.
No related posts.